To use Veeam Cloud Connect resources for data protection and disaster recovery tasks, you must add OneNet as a Service Provider (SP) to Veeam Backup & Replication. After you add OneNet, Veeam Backup & Replication will retrieve information about backup storages and hardware plans allocated to you, and cloud repositories and cloud hosts will become visible in your Veeam Backup & Replication console. After that, you can start working with cloud resources.
Before you add the OneNet SP, make sure that you note the following information:
- You have a user name and password for your tenant account registered at OneNet.
- The full DNS name of the OneNet's cloud gateway via which you will communicate with the Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure is cloudconnect.onenet.co.nz.
Open the Backup Infrastructure view. Right-click the Service Providers node in the inventory pane and select Add service provider.
At the Service Provider step of the wizard, specify settings for the cloud gateway that OneNet has provided to you.
- In the DNS name or IP address field, enter cloudconnect.onenet.co.nz
- In the Description field, provide a description for OneNet.
- In the Port field, specify 6180.
- If you have a managed Veeam agreement with OneNet, select the Allow this Veeam Backup & Replication installation to be managed by the service provider check box. With this option selected, Veeam Backup & Replication will install the remote management agent on the tenant's Veeam backup server. OneNet will be able to manage this backup server with the Veeam Availability Console.
At the Credentials step of the wizard, verify TLS certificate settings and specify settings for the tenant account that you want to use to connect to the cloud repository.
From the Credentials list, select credentials for the tenant account that OneNet has provided to you. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right to add necessary credentials.
At the Resources step of the wizard, Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically enumerate resources provided to the tenant on the cloud repository and display the results in the wizard window.
Enumeration of storage resources on the cloud repository may take some time. Wait for the processing to complete and click Next.
At the Hardware Plans step of the wizard, Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically enumerate computing, storage and network resources provided to the tenant through hardware plans for processing tenant VM replicas.
Enumeration of hardware plans may take some time. Wait for the processing to complete and click Next.
At the Network Extension step of the wizard, Veeam Backup & Replication will display network extension appliance that will be deployed on the tenant's side. This network extension appliance will be used for establishing and maintaining connection between production VMs and VM replicas on the cloud host after partial site failover.
In the Network extension appliances section of the Network Extension step of the wizard, you can view default network extension settings, edit settings for the network extension appliance and add one or several network extension appliances in case there are multiple IP networks in your production environment.
At the Apply step of the wizard, Veeam Backup & Replication will save information about resources available from OneNet and deploy the specified number of network extension appliances on your production host. Wait for the required operations to complete and click Next to continue.
At the Summary step of the wizard, complete the procedure of SP adding.
- Review the configuration information.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.