To setup Outlook on a Mac:
- Install a supported version of Outlook. Hosted Exchange Plus clients will have access to a copy of Outlook for Mac. Please note that the installation will not work if Office Home & Student edition is already installed.
- Confirm that the computer has a working internet connection.
- Add the email account to Outlook.
Which versions of Outlook are supported on a Mac?
- Outlook for Mac for Office 365
- Outlook for Mac 2011
How do I add an email account to Outlook for Mac 2011?
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011.
- On the "Tools" menu, select "Accounts".
- If this is the first account you are adding in Outlook for Mac 2011: under "Add an account", select "Exchange Account".
- If you have already added another account with a different email address: in the bottom left-hand corner of the Accounts box, click on "+" , and select "Exchange" from the drop-down menu.
- Type your email address. In the Authentication section, next to "Method" select "User Name and Password". Next to "User name", type your email address again. Type your password. Tick "Configure automatically". Click "Add Account".
- Wait while Outlook searches for your email server settings. If there are problems at this stage, un-tick "Configure automatically", and enter http://owa.onenet.co.nz
- At the prompt, tick "Always use my response for this server", and click "Allow".
- Close the Accounts box.