After resetting a password, please remember to update any saved passwords on computers and mobile devices.
If the password prompts persist, clear any saved credentials and remove any outdated mobile devices as per the instructions below.
If there are saved passwords on the computer, the computer may be automatically entering an old password during the logon process. To clear saved credentials:
- Open "Control Panel".
- Next to "View by", select "Large icons". Click on "Credential Manager".
- Click "Windows Credentials".
- Under "Generic Credentials", find the entry that includes the OneNet email address. Click on the arrow at the end of the row.
- Select "Edit", and type in the most recent password.
If you have accessed your mailbox from mobile device(s), please remove your account from any devices you no longer use:
Outlook Web App
- Browse to https://owa.onenet.co.nz and login with your OneNet credentials.
- In the top right-hand corner, click the Tools icon and select "Options".
- In the left-hand menu, under "General", select "Mobile Devices".
- Use this list to identify any device(s) you are no longer using. Please note that clicking the remove icon will only stop the device from syncing with your account, but will not stop password attempts from the device.
- Manually remove the account from the device(s).