To access Hosted Exchange mailboxes on a desktop computer:
- Install a supported version of Outlook. Hosted Exchange Plus clients will have access to a copy of Outlook and a license key.
- Confirm that the computer has a working internet connection.
- Create an Outlook profile for the mailbox.
Which versions of Outlook are supported in Windows?
- Outlook 2016 (note this is heavily reliant on 'Autodiscover' and will not work with manual setups, please ensure your DNS records are set correctly for Autodiscover)
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010 (note this is the oldest client currently compatible with our platform and is subject to change) - with the 14 April 2015 update for Outlook 2010 (KB2965295) at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2965295
How do I create an Outlook profile?
- If Outlook is open, please close it.
- Open the Control Panel, and open Mail
- Click "Show Profiles".
- Click "Add".
- Type "OneNet" as the profile name, and click "OK".
- Configure the profile.
To configure the profile:
- Type the name, email address, and click "Next".
- Please wait while Outlook searches for the domain and email address. If there are issues at this point, manually configure the profile.
- Tick "Don’t ask me about this website again", and click "Allow" to accept the auto configuration file.
- Click "Finish".
- Skip the next section, and open the mailbox with Outlook now.
To open the mailbox with Outlook:
- Open Outlook 2013.
- Enter your OneNet credentials. Click "OK".
- Once Outlook is open, wait until the bottom right corner displays “ALL FOLDERS ARE UP TO DATE”.